Hello, Aspirants !!
Today I am posting ssc cgl previous year questions with complete solution. SSC CGL question papers ( SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers – Held on 08-AUG-2017 Shift-2 ) of previous years will give you an idea about the SSC CGL Paper Pattern. These SSC CGL papers will guide you to plan your studies appropriately covering the important aspect of SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus.
In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No error’.
1. Hardly had I reached the (1)/ exhibition where I learnt (2)/ about the major robbery. (3)/ No Error (4)
2. No sooner did the sun rise (1)/ when we resumed the journey (2)/ after having a hasty breakfast. (3)/ No Error (4)
In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
3. He _____ to the problem of air pollution in his speech.
4. Rohan is so magnanimous that everyone is always _____ to help him in his project.
In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given.
In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.
In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/Phrase.
9. To put a spoke in one’s wheel
1) To be advantageous at the time of difficulty
2) To maintain under all circumstances
3) To blame the other party
4) To put a difficulty in the way of progress
10. At loggerheads
1) To suffer
2) In conflict with someone
3) To face tough competition
4) To be in do or die situation
Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.
11. She is (the best and wisest) girl in the class.
1) best and wisest
2) a best and a wisest
3) the best and the wisest
4) No improvement
12. The people of Japan are (wiser than America.)
1) wiser than that of America.
2) wiser than those of America.
3) wiser to that of America.
4) No improvement
In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.
13. One skilled in telling stories
14. Fear of Fire
In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Find the incorrectly spelt word.
The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the four options given, select the most logical order of the sentences to form a coherent paragraph.
P: He raised his voice against idol-worship.
Q: People are generally very open and accept social changes with a positive attitude.
R: Swami Dayanand Saraswati is remembered with reverence and affection among the social reformers of the nineteenth century.
S: India is a country which respects spiritualism much more than materialism.
P: For that we need people who possess not only high skills but high values as well.
Q: So the need of the hour is not only skill-based education but also value-inspired and value-based education.
R: When we talk of investing in education, a question arises as to what kind of education needs to be given to the youngster.
S: Our aim is to evolve not only an affluent society, but an egalitarian, just, humane and compassionate society.
In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.
19. Please guide me.
1) You are requested to guide me.
2) You have been requested to guide me.
3) You were requested to guide me.
4) You are being requested to guide me.
In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
20. The teacher said, “The Earth revolves around the sun.”
1) The teacher said that the Earth is being revolving around the sun.
2) The teacher said that the Earth revolves around the sun.
3) The teacher said that the Earth revolved around the sun.
4) The teacher said that the Earth had been revolving around the sun.
In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
The _____ of energy in India are met from both commercial and non commercial sources. The most _____ sources of energy today are coal and natural gas, hydro electricity and nuclear power. On the other hand, firewood, cow-dung cakes and vegetable waste etc. _____ non commercial forms of energy. While non commercial forms of energy _____ demand, coal is the _____ source of commercial energy in India.
21. The _____ of energy in India are met from both commercial
22. and non commercial sources. The most _____ sources of energy today are coal and natural gas
23. On the other hand, firewood, cow-dung cakes and vegetable waste etc. _____ non commercial forms of energy.
24. While non commercial forms of energy _____ demand,
25. coal is the _____ source of commercial energy in India.
Answer & Explanation
9. To put a difficulty in the way of progress
10. In conflict with someone
11. the best and the wisest
12. wiser than those of America.
19. You are requested to guide me.
20. The teacher said that the Earth revolves around the sun.
अगर पोस्ट पसंद आये तो इस शेयर जरूर करे|